The African American Republican Club
|First and third Monday of each month|
As Republicans first, we are focused on and committed to the political and economic empowerment of Bergen County residents of African descent. Collectively, we strive to:
- Serve as liaisons between the African American communities throughout Bergen County and the Bergen County Republican Organization (BCRO).
- Identify political and economic dilemmas plaguing Bergen County residents of African descent and assist the BCRO in advancing a plan to address those identified needs.
- Dispel myths surrounding the Republican Party’s relationship with African Americans; those that will be specifically targeted include “the contemporary Democratic Party is a natural fit for African Americans” and “the Republican Party is the Party of the ‘Angry White Man’.”
- Educate voters of African descent on the need for a more inclusive Republican Party nationally, statewide and locally.
- Increase African American membership in the BCRO County Committee.
- Identify and support viable candidates for elected office who promote issues and concerns pertinent to Bergen residents of African descent.
- Collaborate with other Republican Party clubs and organizations to conceptualize and implement community based programs focused on interest convergence, in addition to generating high visibility that helps promote the relevance and impact of the Republican Party.
Our Objectives for 2013-2014
- Increase African American visibility at BCRO events
- Increase African American membership on County Committee by 25%
- Increase Republican Party affiliation in District 37 by 50%
- Significantly increase Governor Christie’s share of the Bergen County African American vote during the 2013 election cycle.
- Actively support the BCRO Freeholder slate for re-election.
- Hold two ARC-sponsored fund raising events this election cycle, with one being specifically earmarked for the re-election of Governor Christie.
National Black Republican Association: www.nbra.info/index.cfm?fuseaction=pages/blackgop